jueves, 12 de enero de 2017

My (belated) 2017 resolutions





As a rule, I don´t really like New Year´s resolutions. You may have guessed already, considering how much time this post has delayed.

There are many reasons, but maybe the most important one is, most resolutions can make people become obsessed with them, which invariably leads to embarrassing failure before the end of February – well, it might be just me, I must admit my will is far from exemplary... or even average (think about a six years old when looking at the cookies jar and you totally get me. No, like literally. I just ate all the cookies in the house while writing this. And I was supposed to eat but ONE. Or was it an apple? I can´t remember).

 
So this year, I have decided to take it easy: instead of the two million resolutions I would normally make, I plan to keep going with the ones I started figuring out in 2016 and some humble others I added to the list. None of them are too pretentious and when I consider them all as a whole, it is still not too scary. That, I can tell you, is half of a victory to me. After careful consideration, these are my final NY resolutions. I just hope not to give them up by next month.




01. Keep going with my healthy diet habits

 

2016 was the year I started making a real progress on my resolutions to eat healthier. I started by making some serious cut down on my sugar intake (which is still far from perfect, although quite better than it used to), as well as paying more attention to the ingredients on processed food. Also, as much as I really craved to eat mainly real foods and The Gentle One, a.k.a. the house cook, arrives home too late for lunch during week days , I spent some time learning how to cook properly (thank YOU, Youtube, you made me to begin even enjoying it!) I want to keep my culinary lessons in 2017 as well as widen my repertoire.


02. Planning ahead and more efficiently

 

Work, personal projects, family life... I always have felt a bit like a juggler when trying to deal with them all. And I know it is all about planning ahead (or so every close person tells me when they find me swimming on a pile of paperwork and drinking my weight on tea to keep going...) but for some reason I always neglected this simple principle. Little habits like writing things down or starting a bullet journal, or sending Google Calendar notifications to my own mail box do actually help, and so I´ll try this year. 

03. Reading, posting and reviewing more





Since we moved last September, I work from home, which is time saves on hellish daily commute. At the end of the month, it is quite a lot, to be honest. And in spite of it, I feel I don´t benefit as much as I should. 2017 will be the year I´ll try to spend more quality time just doing things I like. My main aim is to have had some fun at the end of the day. Every day. Because if life is not about enjoying ourselves and being happy, what is it about?


And that´s it. Just three resolutions, but very important to me.

So tell me darlings, have you made any New Year resolutions?

 

6 comentarios:

  1. These are great resolutions. Simplification is best. I think the reason people fail is because they're either burnt out from the holiday season or they aren't setting realistic goals. Who can afford a gym membership after Christmas anyways? I did my bucket list up a few months ago and I plan on keeping it accessible so I never forget my goals.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I totally agree with you about burning out and realistic plans. I think most people tend to put too much pressure on themselves through small things like this. I mean, if you are naturally lazy, how do you expect to start going to the gym every day after Christmas. It makes no sense to me. Maybe starting by going once a week would be a challenge enough.

      Eliminar
  2. Those are good resolutions, I am also trying to just get the changes I want to make done but not pushing myself too hard!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Laura! I wish you the best of the lucks with your own NY plans. ♥

      Eliminar
  3. Some great new year resolutions. The seems to me a new thinking evolving this year for trying to create more realistically goals rather creating a 100 bizillion goals that are bound to fail on. Asides, some amazing goals and wish you all the best for 2017.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks Sarah. I wish you a very happy 2017, I am sure you will make it great with your own resolutions!

      Eliminar