jueves, 21 de enero de 2016

Our Gothic & Victorian wedding portraits.





Yesterday, we celebrated our four month wedding anniversary with awe.

It was not a particularly special date, of course, but we are amazed how quickly time goes by. So, I decided this week was a good moment to share with you a few pictures from our big day professional photoshoot. They were taken after the ceremony, on the 20th of September. As our scenario, we chose a recently restored Victorian house in Bucharest. The reason to select this particular manor house was we felt it perfectly fitted the Gothic and Victorian theme of the wedding.





After the photoshoot we were really happy with the results. The colours matched our garments creating the dramatic atmosphere we were aiming for: our own view of some Hollywood historical films, such as Coppola´s Dracula and The Age of Innocence by Scorsese.





Our main goal was to obtain personal pictures as well as avoiding the classic cheesy wedding pictures: everything related to white dresses, pink roses and beach sunrises gave us chills (no offense to the people who might actually like that, it is just not our cup of tea). We were very happy when the house owners told us we seemed to belong to the place.






After these pictures were taken we moved to the Edwardian theater we rented for our reception. I will share those pictures, together with a selection from ceremony and boudoir and a little chronicle about the whole day. I just wanted to introduce you to the topic by showing some of my favourite portraits first. I truly hoped you enjoy them, as much as I do!



20 comentarios:

  1. I've told you this before sweetie, but these are absolutely gorgeous! <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. OH wow! These photos are absolutely gorgeous and stunning. I got goosebumps. You two make a lovely couple and congrats on your wedding too!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Beautiful photos, and it looks like such a lovely place!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It was such a beautiful place. I would love to come back a make another photoshoot, maybe on a different room. They all had their own personality, but we chose this one, as we felt it matched the atmosphere better.

      Eliminar
  4. These pictures are amazing! Such a great place for weddingphotos!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. You both look stunning and those photos are just wonderful!! It instantly reminded me of Dracula! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Beautiful photos and dress! Congratulations

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Mary. I am very happy about how they turned out.

      Eliminar
  7. These are breathtaking! Very Dracula! Oh that dress is definitely one of my dream dresses!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Laura. My aunt made the dress for me as a wedding gift.

      Eliminar
  8. Absolutely stunning, Violette ... what a perfect location! I think my favourite is the one of you two on the couch. And the B&W one, too. The Gentle One looks rather devilish in that one, doesn't he? <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hahah... I love the fact you actually got his nature through the photo. ♥ His such a devilish funny fellow!

      Eliminar
  9. I love that he wore a top hat, and I can only agree with previous comments - that's the most perfect location I have ever seen wedding pictures taken in!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh, he actually just wore it for pictures. It was a photo prop the artist brought to style the photoshoot. But I think it suits him, actually.
      And thank you very much for your apreciation, we were delighted to find this venue! ♥

      Eliminar