domingo, 17 de enero de 2016

First portrait of 2016.






Ok, Winter: you made your point. Could you please stop it now and go away? Thank you!

This was meant to be a "what I wore this week" kind of post. However, weather made it hard to the point it was no longer possible. At least, for now. I mean, the week started pretty good regarding to temperature. That´s when these pictures were taken: as you can see, on Monday it was totally OK to wear lace blouses to be around the house, and then I could leave it by adding just a little wool cardigan and a light coat. 10°C is totally alright to dress up and go for a coffee with a friend. 
And then IT happened.






Outfit rundown: blouse  - Bershka / skirt - Koton / necklace - vintage.



The Weather started to behave naughty, with temperature and humidity quickly going DOWN (as I write this it is -10 C º, but it will turn  -13/-14 C º during this week).  It has been around ten days of dump, wet, ugly days, with just one or two exceptions, which ruined any ocassion of taking interesting outfit photos (or even considering to wear anything else than cozy, comfy woolen clothes on the inside, and boring, practical, heavy clothes on the outside). As a result of the whole "Winter situation", I haven´t made anything exciting after Monday apart from teaching my students, and watching a good bunch of horror films. Brightest moment of the week was yesterday´s fast visit to the antiques market, where I rescued a little treasure. Thanks heaven for the little things!

Well, I suppose next week is going to be quite similar, as snow is expected to fall non-stop for the next three or four days, so I think I will FINALLY stop procrastinating and share some Wedding pictures with you. Silver linings, right?

And tell me, darlings, how is 2016 treating you so far?

 

 

 


 

11 comentarios:

  1. You look beautiful!! ❤

    Be sure to stay warm during the wintry weather. It sounds like you'll need some hot cocoa or tea on hand for the next few snowy days! I'm excited to see wedding pictures!! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I will, Danielle, thank you.♥ I took precautions and hoarded tea in case this situation happened. Very relieved I did so, phewwww...

      Eliminar
  2. That is cold!! That's the temperature when the face starts to hurt if you go outdoors. Brr!
    The lace top is so pretty, it's a shame that you had to hide it with a sweater.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. That´s actually the worst part for me, as I am not used to cold wind at all.
      Any tips to deal with it?

      Eliminar
  3. It has been the opposite here, around 40 degrees celcius ( I think that's like 80 degrees fahrenheit?) So too hot to dress up! Oh well, you look lovely!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh, WOW! 40 degrees is a nightmare! Actually, I think cold is a bit less annoying, as you can totally stay indoors and everything is alright. Sorry for you, I hope it goes down a bit soon!

      Eliminar
  4. Beautiful outfit, Violette! What little thing did you rescue, I wonder. I am missing antique shopping, not that I have any more room. It's a sad state of affairs, isn't it, to have a house that's already too full? LOL

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I found a lovely little Edwardian ivory cameo brooch. I want to feature it in the blog at some point, I just need to figure out how first. :)
      I don´t see a full house as an issue at all, as long as it is full of unique things with lots of personality. I love to collect small treasures and think about how they will look all together in our future house, really. I would like to see a detailed post about the Insomniac´s cottage to appreciate all your antiques! ♥

      Eliminar
    2. Oh nice! About finding the brooch, I mean. :)

      I keep threatening to do a detailed post about the cottage, and yet I never seem to get around to it, do I? I guess I really have to remedy that this year. :)

      Eliminar