domingo, 22 de marzo de 2015

March wedding updates




These few months have been quite modest in terms of wedding preparations.
 Since I last posted about it in December, we have found difficult to succeed in making solid plans, as well as following a proper schedule.
The main reason is our December holiday in Spain was suppossed to constitute some extra spare time to work with, but by then I got the flu, and it spoilt the whole thing. After coming back to Bucharest, we managed to make very little advance, but I will tell you about it anyway.


 I think the wedding gown is one of the main sources of stress for most brides-to-be.
As I already mentioned, my lovely aunt is an artist who made my sister's dress too. We agreed Christmas break was the perfect spot to make my gown, but when influenza made its appearance I lost FOUR kilos, and it authomatically ruined the whole fitting. So basically I will have to go back to Spain again in July to make as many adjusts as needed on my dress.
Yay!




I´d love to say that was the only delay, but recently some other important preparations have gone wrong as well. The Gentle One and I had the perfect location for the ceremony in mind since a long time ago. There is this lovely palace in the town centre, which is actually just half a kilometre away from the reception venue. It is not only perfect in terms of comfort and logistics, but also a beautiful example of XIX century architecture and decorative arts, and absolutely the type of place we were looking for. We managed to book a date to go there for an interview, just to be told the direction suffered a couple of changes recently and, as a consequence, there is a new regulation preventing to take any professional pictures during events.
NONSENSE, right?
I mean, how do they expect to rent a whole palace for a formal event and not to let you take pictures of it?
 I can´t tell you.
It´s beyond my understanding, indeed.

So anyway, we suddenly found ourselves with a serious and unexpected problem we haven´t been able to solve yet. The point is negotiations were out of place in this case, and we had to start looking for new options. After discussing over and over again, we decided to consider a local little house built on Gothic Revival style (the one you can see in the pictures). The place belongs to the university where The Gentle One works as a teacher,
so we have applied for a date to speak to the managers and see if we can make an agreement.

As you can see, everything has gone quite wrong in the last couple of months.
Only major triumphs to date from December are related to the Bridesmaids (one of my sisters and two of my cousins), who already have got their perfectly fitted dresses for the day.
Better than nothing.

Well, summary until now is: Wedding panic 2 - Violette 1.




10 comentarios:

  1. I hope things go well for you lovely! It's such a pity about the venue! How strange that they won't let you take pictures! You would think that they would want the money from the bookings. Best of luck with sorting out your new venue! I'm sure your dress is going to beautiful too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks, dear. It is quite strange they don´t let you take pictures, indeed. Many people organize art exhibits in there, and you would think they want to take photos of the premier, at least. Everything sounds quite werid to me.
      Anyway, we will be searching as hard as we can from now on. Let´s cross fingers!

      Eliminar
  2. That house is beautiful! How ridiculous to be told that you cannot take photos in a wedding venue!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hey, Laura! I think it is a truly bautiful building, the only drawback is it is a bit hidden and not that close to the reception venue, but it will have to work.

      Eliminar
  3. What a beautiful place, Violette - I hope you will be able to secure it for your wedding. I can't imagine a more fitting venue!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Love to hear you find it pretty, Insomniac. I do appreciate your opinion! :)

      Eliminar
  4. Breathe in, breathe out...;-)
    But, seriously, the venue is gorgeous.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Haha... I will keep it on mind. We knew many preparations could go wrong, so we always try to figure out B plans. Good thing is we were sensitive enough to start the whole planning with one year gap, and right now I'm SO glad we did it!

      Eliminar
  5. Oh dear I hope everything will settle for you when the times comes close. I think the new location looks very nice and gothic. That was a very weird rule to ban photographing and yet rent the place out. The flu had been raging here to and this is the second time I got it. I hope you have recovered well from it.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your nice words and wishes, Linnea. I am totally recovered from flu, of course :)
      I am sure we just need to work a bit more to secure the location and other little details about the celebration. Little steps are the key of success, I think :)

      Eliminar