domingo, 7 de diciembre de 2014

Welcome to Narnia



Well, well, well, it looks like Christmas are around the corner.
 You can feel it in the air (or you can simply enter any shop, where seasonal goodies have been around for a whole month now, which is kind of CRAZY).
 Personally, the main sign for me is the end of this semester professional duties.
Yes, darlings, I am pleased to say I am officialy on holiday!
 On Friday evening I threw my boring office clothing, embraced comfy clothes, favourite tea and good book. And then next morning, we put up our Christmas tree.
This is the first year we decorate the house with actual snow outside. I have no words to explain how christmasy it feels the first time!
For me, it was like finding suddenly finding myself in Narnia.




So for this Sunday post, I decided I am going to tell you about all those little things that make me feel inside my favourite Wintertide fantasy novel.
I hope you enjoy it!

  
1. Fairy lights.



I have no idea why, but there is something about all those little light bulbs shining around that drive me insanely merry.
We don´t limit ourselves to the tree, but we place them literally ALL through the house.
At this moment there are fairy lights in the bedroom, living, and even in the kitchen.


2. Snow.



Yes, I know I´ve been complaining on twitter about the cold the whole week, but even so there is something truly special and beautiful about looking through the window and watching at the white blanket covering the landscape.
I am goung to miss it badly during my Spanish holiday...


3. The perfect hot chocolate cup.



As much as I have a sweet tooth, I can paradoxically be quite picky about treats.
When it comes to chocolate (and specially hot chocolate) I turn simply ANNOYING.
I must prepare my own personal recipe every single time (which is the reason why my parents rarely offer a cup of hot chocolate on a cold December evening to me. Actually, I think my poor mum would rather go deaf than listening my grumpy chocolate-objections).


Lately, my personal formula has been consisting on simmering milk, Wittard of Chelsea cocoa, Hersehy´s syrup, icing sugar, cinnamon and mashmallows.
I DID told you I am quite picky...


4. Christmas markets.



This has been another big discovering for me, as we don´t have any traditional Christmas markets in Spain.
But I might be coming to this later on the blog.


6. Gingerbread twix



Gosh, two of the five featured Christmas favs are sweets... I know.
But hey, what is Christmas without a good dose of sweetness (and possible a slight colesterol increase)?

So tell me darlings, what are your current Christmas favourites?



12 comentarios:

  1. I adore that first photo! The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was one of my favourite books as a child.

    I've never seen a gingerbread Twix! I keep meaning to make my own gingerbread biscuits but I haven't had the time yet. I'm also very jealous of your snow photos!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks darling, as soon as I noticed the frozen street light I knew I had to take the picture. As a child The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was one of my favs too! ♥

      In relation to gingerbread Twix, I buy at a local mall where lots of America shops are located. Many foreigners live around the area, so the companies built this shopping centre for them and the products are quite strange to me too. I think most of them are just imported from the US.

      Eliminar
  2. I am with you on the fairy lights, Yule markets and the snow - but we still don't have any (last year we were knee deep by now). In fact we're visiting a market tomorrow!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. They are just the spirit of the season, aren´t they? And sorry to hear you don´t have any snow yet. I hope you get some on time for Christmas!

      Eliminar
  3. Coming from Australia, I have never had a snowy Christmas either. Some of my friends in the mountains have snow, but Christmas is summer here. I love the lamp post, I want to have one in my back garden one day so I can pretend it is the way to Narnia!

    The Christmas markets look magical! And I love the carousel, I haven't ridden on one in ages, I really need to!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I can´t imagine how different must be celebrating Christmas during the Summertime, but I am very fond of original and "unusual" things, so I suspect I would enjoy it a lot :)

      Eliminar
  4. Omg gingerbread twix?! I've never even heard of it!! It sounds awesome.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It tastes awesome Ms. Ladyfair. It is a bit like a spiced buiscuit covered on chocolate. Really interesting flavour! ♥

      Eliminar
  5. Aw seeing all these beautiful christmasy things makes me crave for vacations! I can't wait to find the time to decorate the house! And by the way, I need to try that amazing hot chocolate of yours! (To do list when you come back!) :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hahaha, I will prepare a special chocolate cup for you, love!

      Eliminar
  6. I love fairy lights, that's why my whole apartment is covered in them during christmastime xD
    And christmas markets is wonderful too.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, that´s nice! It´s great you live the season so cheerfully ♥

      Eliminar