viernes, 11 de julio de 2014

What I did in June




When I first posted the June roundup, I received a couple of messages from readers suggesting me to continue with this section on a monthly basis. Positively, I think it is a good idea, mainly because I can be a bit lazy about setting posts together sometimes, and this is a non-stressful-way-at-all  to stay stuned.



To be honest, I just wrote this plan down on my phone agenda. I was slightly afraid I would totally forget about it because of our inminent trip, and would consequently end up posting the July roundup in August. But, ey! It looks like I managed to do it on time and all, like a true grown up.
Anyway, this last month I...




 My story with dress was love to first sight, so I thought I´d share a little preview of it with you.
Last week I accidentally discovered there is an alternative fashion and gothic friendly store here in Bucharest and although their website didn´t look too appealing to me, I targeted the place as my next shopping window stop. 
I am so happy I did so!



They are relatively new in town, and most of their stock is not uploaded to the website yet, so imagine my face when I found out all their Hell Bunny, Restyle and Alchemy Gothic treasures on hangers and shelves. I was about to faint of happiness. Like literally. 
OK... maybe not that much, but I was quite shocked anyway.
So after some minutes of rack inspection, I encountered this very-Victorian-like dress from Spin Doctor and well... the rest is ancient history.




Both, Harry Potter and the Philosopher´s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Well, I am not really into fantasy and child literature (or at least I have not been into for a long, long time), maybe because as my field of learn is precisely literature, I tend to select works I find interesting from the academic point of view. Nonetheless, when I started my Summer holiday break last week I was feeling so tired, the only thing I wanted to do was relaxing and forgeting about world.
Somehow, Harry Potter universe suddenly looked like the perfect choice.
I suppose I felt more inclined to open my mind as I have been also reading Song of Ice and Fire saga recently and did enjoy it, like QUITE A LOT.
I had a good previous impression on the film adaptations, but not about the books.
I am glad to say I have changed my mind and will probably continue enjoying the series for some more time. However, I am not completely happy about ebook format at all and the only reason why I am using it to read is because my access to Spanish and English books in Romania is quite limited right now.
I might be shopping on Amazon any time.





This month I have continued developing my current obsession with red colour, mostly by wearing ruby shades on lips and nails.
I also experienced a growing inclination towards cobwebs, but this is nothing new on goth ladies, and more specifically on me.
Because, you cannot collect too much Halloween stuff, can you? ♥




So tell me darlings, how was your June?





12 comentarios:

  1. Respuestas
    1. I think it was a good find, Ladyfair. Specially as it was kind of a bargain too :)

      Eliminar
  2. I love all your clothes! So lovely and romantic! The nailpolish is lovely, too!

    I have always loved the Harry Potter books, I discovered them when I started high school!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Well, I can be quite picky when it comes to clothes, so my wardrobe is pretty much the result of years wandering around in thrift shops, flea markets and gpth shops. Even so, I don't consider my collection as very special or spectacular (and it's not that big if you compare it with the gothic ladies standars out there). Nevertheless, I am fond of all my pieces, as they were quite lucky finds.

      Eliminar
  3. One cannot have enough Halloween stuff, for sure :)
    I love that black lace top you are wearing.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Thank you very much, Ms Misanthropia. The blouse is from Queen of Darkness, in case it is of any help :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. That dress is to die for! I'm really liking this monthly roundup format too :) x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you, Ali. It is always good to know you guys enjoy the format. That’s really all the encouragement I need! ♥

      Eliminar
  6. I just died a little over excessive beauty on my screen :)
    That dress is a dream! ♥

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Uvita. You´re always too kind :)

      Eliminar
  7. The dress is divine, sweetie!!! *__* I can't wait to see you wearing it! I hope you are having fun on your trip! :*

    ResponderEliminar