miércoles, 16 de enero de 2013

Late Christmas Loot Post


I dont´know if you think the same about yourselves, but sometimes I feel like a terrible blogger.
I mean, I seriously try to keep clear that very attractive post schedule that I continuously delineate in my mind, but it looks like, somehow, there´s always something trying to frustrate my golden plans.
Call it whatever you want: seminars, deadlines, job, academic reading timeline...
And finally, at the beginning of 2013, I decided I had enough of this.

I am not the kind of person who makes too serious New Year´s resolutions, but If I was, one of them would be stop complaining about the conspiration of the faerie of bad luck and start doing what I really want to.
In this case, honouring myself and my ideal post schedule (which would include, at least, one post a week).

So, in order to begin doing so (and after finding the perfect inspiration in Bella Morte´s lovely blog), I am going to tell a little bit about what was under the Christmas tree this year.
Because I have the cutest family ever, and even though many days passed through since Christmas´ Eve, it hasn´t been so long since 6th of January (which in Spain is another oficial date to be given presents) ♥



♥ This beautiful spiderweb necklance is one of my favourite gifts ever, not for its big value, but for it was given to me by my youngest sister. She is just thirteen years old (her birthday was last week) and she deeply knows my personal tastes and always does her best to find something genuine.


♥ Here you can see the precious ringstone that forms the body of the spider a little better, as well as the precious Venetian mask that The Gentle One bought for me. A girl cannot posibly have too many masks. Ok, I know I say that every single time about opera gloves, shoes and dresses but what?
Raise your hand if you don´t have one several personal fetishes. Shoes, pencil skirts, bags? Yes, then you know what I am speaking about. My man also got me a new blouse and a fake fur shrug. But I´ll show them to you in some future outfit post.



♥ Continuing with my legendary little sister´s contributions, she also got me a huge Yves Rocher Christmas pack. It basically consists on three awesome body milk lotions (vanilla, raspberry and Malasyan coconut) and three matching fragances. Once again: she is totally amazing! She knew I do love Yves Rocher organic products, not only beacuse they are free of any potential animal ingredients, but also because they leave a soft fresh touch in your skin.



♥ My mum, meanwhile, gave this great skin care regime products to me.
I have to confess that I am not a big fan of  L´oreal bussiness politics right now, however their products are still awesome and though I won´t be giving more money to them myself, I cannot reject a present like this from mum, right?


♥ This gorgeous pearl tiara is another gift from mummy.
She is always giving tiaras to me, mainly because (as she says) I am still a little princess to her eyes. Yes, my mum has to be the only one in the world for whom a grown up gothic lady is nothing but a little princess.
Yeah, you´re right, she´s the best!
Daddy contributed with a pair of wellies and a good quality vaccum bottle. Because if mum sees my like a little girl, for dad I am the girl with the eternal cold.
And do you know what? Damn, it´s true!


♥ Going back to The Gentle One he got these two second hand books to me. They are special because Anne Bronte´s works are really hard to find in Spanish, and the edition of Those Little Women is the one of my childhood, so many emotional memories are connected with it.



♥ And finally, my boss gave this cute box of handicraftsman soap just before holiday.
They smell SO good which is hard of define (strawberry, vanilla, lavender...).
I am still trying to avoid to eat them!

I have to say that I received an extra gift last week from my mother-in-law.
She got me a great coat with furry neckline, but ey, you´ll see it here someday, so no worries!

So tell me darlies, were you in Santa´s nice list?

8 comentarios:

  1. That Yves Rocher gift set looks and sounds divine! I love coconut and vanilla are definitely some of my favourite scents in this world, especially when it comes to perfume ♥

    I also got a Venetian mask quite similar to yours from my boyfriend's parents, although it isn't one which you can wear, it is for decorative purposes with a little hanging ribbon! So cute!

    Books for Christmas are one of the best presents and I think second hand books are always better than new books! They have a certain smell to them and a little wear from their previous life adds character! I absolutely love really old books with tanned pages.. they have the best smell! Ok I am sounding weird now..

    Great loot! ~♥~

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am not sure if you have Yves Rocher stores over there, but if you do, you should give a try to their products. They are all organic, so the skin feels really healthy when you use them for a long time ♥ Indeed, my daily foundation is the same brand.

      I also prefer second hand books to new ones. Mainly because I already was a bookworm when growing up, so I like to recover many of the old fashioned editions of my childhood. And you don´t sound weird! Hahaha... I totally know what you mean. I collect really old books, some of them are form the very beginning of the twenty century and I am truly proud of them. It is a good thing that second hand bookstores are so cheap here in Spain.

      Eliminar
  2. That is such an adorable gift from your little sister! How sweet!! :o)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. She is a sweetheart and now she is getting older, she is becoming a little and lovely nerdy, so I am like the most proud sister in the world.

      Eliminar
  3. Hola! como se suele decir...más vale tarde que nunca jeje. Son muy bonitos tus regalos, lo que está claro que en el 2013 vas a estar muy bien perfumada. Me encantan los sets de The Body Shop.
    ¡Hasta el próximo post con tu abrigo! ;)

    Lorena xx

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. ¡Bienvenida!

      Muchas gracias por los halagos. Creo que no voy a necesitar comprar perfume en una temorada :-)

      Eliminar
  4. I love their products, the fragrances have been a long life friend of mine and my most used perfumes, because growing up i was not such a fan of strong scents, and the books, well they can never go wrong. Books and my purple blankie totatlly made this christmas for me :D
    Looking foward to see yours outfits with the new gifts and for the weekly blog posts, you are one of my favourite bloggers, so I am always looking foward to hear more from you.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you ver much for the flattering, that´s a huge thing! ♥
      I do hope to start posting frequently, as long as it makes me feel very relaxed and happy.

      And yeah! YR are amazing. I keep strong scents for special ocassions, wearing more natural fragances in a daily basis.

      Books and blankets is one of my favourite combinations in the world, though I tend to add cats and tea to the equation ♥

      Eliminar